Baby Eczema Relief Routine
It is highly recommended to focus on treating skin dryness and inflammation, which may reduce the need for strong steroid medication. The best way to do so is with a good bathing and moisturizing routine. Bathing calms the skin and reduces surface bacteria that causes inflammation and infection. Moisturizing increases the skin's hydration and provides a nourishing and healing barrier that stimulates, repairs, and protects from surface bacteria.
Avoid soaps, shampoos, bath additives, and moisturizers that contain sulphates or synthetic surfactants, parabens, synthetic fragrances, or any other harsh synthetic ingredients as these can irritate and worsen eczema. Our selection of natural organic products that will help soothe and manage your baby's eczema. Follow these steps to achieve an effective baby eczema relief routine:
Start with our Baby Tub Tea as a gentle soap-free alternative to cleanse, soothe, calm, and moisturize the skin.
- Immerse one tea sachet in warm (not hot!) bath water, gently squeezing to release the soothing herbs.
- Gently rub baby's body and hair with soft muslin bag.
- Each sachet may be used twice; allow to dry between uses.
- Always keep baths short in duration.
Or for a sudsy option, cleanse the skin with our traditional castille-type Baby Wash made from pure organic botanical oils and free from any harsh detergents or synthetics.
- Dispense one pump of Baby Wash into your hands or washcloth.
- Gently wash baby's hair and body.
- This is not tear-free so please take extra care to avoid getting soap into eyes.
- Rinse with water.
- Always keeps baths short in duration.
After bathing, massage our Baby Oil into your baby's skin to nourish, calm, and moisturize.
- Use immediately after bathing to prevent evaporation of moisture from the skin.
- Warm a few drops in your hand and massage into baby's skin until absorbed.
For additional treatment, layer our Baby Balm and/or Healing Balm on top of the Baby Oil.
- Reapply moisturizing balms frequently to create a protective barrier that seals in moisture while healing and nourishing the skin.
- Use our Baby Balm as a preventative measure; works great as a convenient on-the-go spot treatment.
- Use a small amount of our Healing Balm for a more intensive eczema treatment.
- Apply either balm to affected areas as often as needed.
Please note: The information provided is intended for educational purposes only. It is not meant to treat, cure, prevent, or diagnose any disease or condition. Please consult your health care professional with questions or concerns about ingredients or use of our products. We recommend doing a patch before use.